5 Things You Need to Know Today — Nov. 19, 2012
Here's what's going on today in Plymouth and Canton.
Trivia: When does Canada celebrate its Thanksgiving each year?
Yesterday's trivia answer: The term "Black Friday" originated in Philadelphia.
5. Plymouth: Fire Advisory Board, Liquor License Review Committee, City Commission all meet today
It's a busy day for meetings today at Plymouth City Hall. Here's what's taking place today:
- Northville-Plymouth Fire Advisory Board meets at 4 p.m. at Plymouth City Hall's conference room. On the agenda includes noting response times, addressing the equipment replacement schedule and updating the board on dispatch radio issues.
- Plymouth Liquor License Review Committee meets at 6:30 p.m. at Plymouth City Hall's conference room. The meeting will include updates on "super-drunk" offenses, discussion on cameras along Penniman and other ordinance and safety issues.
- Plymouth City Commission meets at 7 p.m. in the commission chambers. On the agenda: Public hearing on the Recreation Master Plan and discussing 2013 street paving.
4. Walk of Trees at Kellogg Park
Christmas trees decorated by local families, service clubs, groups and businesses will be ready for decorating and viewing in Kellogg Park in downtown Plymouth until Jan. 2
3. Small Business Saturday is coming up
Small Business Saturday is this weekend. Be sure to tell us in the comments which local businesses you frequent the most.
If you're a business owner, be sure to list any Small Business Saturday specials in the comments section of our story on local business' deals.
2. Canton Board of Trustees study session Tuesday
The Canton Township Board of Trustees has a study session 7 p.m. Tuesday at the Canton Township Administration Building.
1. Contribute to Patch and Gleaners virtual food drive!
Patch.com, through its 30 Michigan sites including Plymouth-Canton, launched an online food drive to raise $10,000 to feed area families. This is the first virtual food drive for the Gleaners Community Food Bank, and Patch is proud and honored to be their first partner. The drive has been extended from Nov. 17 to Nov. 24.
Shop Gleaners' virtual grocery shelves. Click to get started!