5 Things You Need to Know Today — Sept. 4, 2012
Today is the first day of school! Here's what else is going on locally today.
5. Road delays expected on first day of school today
The following road construction projects might cause delays in the transportation of students to and from school:
- Cherry Hill Road (the bridge over Interstate 275) is scheduled to close Sept. 4 and remain closed until mid-October.
- Warren Road (the bridge over I-275) is currently closed and will remain closed until mid-October.
- Ford Road and I-275 intersection is still open; construction continues and traffic is slow.
Palmer Road (the bridge over I-275 between Haggerty and Lotz) is now open.
As always, check our traffic on our Commute page.
4. Harvest For All Food Drive runs in Canton through October
Chicks 4 Charity and the Wayne County Farm Bureau are teaming up to raise money for the Harvest for All program to help feed the hungry. The groups are collecting non-perishable food items at the Tammy Brown Agency, 308 N. Canton Center Roadin Canton from 9 a.m.- 5 p.m. until Oct. 18 at the Chicks 4 Charity Quartermadness Fundraiser held at the Plymouth Elks Club on Ann Arbor Road in Plymouth.
3. Don't forget to vote Wednesday
The special primary election to replace former U.S. Rep. Thaddeus McCotter (R-Livonia) for the remaining weeks of his term is Wednesday. The winners will advance to the Nov. 6 election, where they will appear on the ballot alongside candidates running for a full term representing Michigan's 11th Congressional District. Check out an overview of the race on Plymouth-Canton Patch.
2. Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter
Did you know that when Plymouth-Canton Patch merged to form one site in June, we also consolidated our social media efforts? If you haven't already done so, please follow us on Twitter at @PlymouthPatch and "Like" us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/PlymouthCantonPatch.
1. Check out Plymouth-Canton Patch's new Real Estate page
Looking to buy or sell a home, or just see what's on the market? Plymouth-Canton Patch is pleased to offer our new Real Estate section, available by clicking "Real Estate" beneath our logo at the top of the page (or by clicking here).