Denis Leary-Produced Firefighter Documentary 'BURN' Comes to Livonia
'BURN: One Year on the Front Lines of the Battle to Save Detroit' opens Friday at AMC Livonia 20.
- December 6, 2012
Submitted by Allied Integrated Marketing
From Executive Producer Denis Leary, BURN, opening Friday in limited release, is an adrenaline-fueled feature documentary about heroes. It’s about exceptional men and women who, on every shift, risk their lives, face injury, disablement, illness and death.
They do this with unsatisfactory compensation, with dysfunctional equipment, and under life-threatening conditions. But still they come back, day after day, resolved they can make a difference. And they do it with camaraderie and a remarkable sense of humor.
Closer than you’ve ever been, BURN takes you into the fires and into the lives of the men who fight them, exploring human struggles, hope and personal courage in the face of overwhelming odds. BURN follows the crew of Engine Company 50 — one of the busiest firehouses in America.
Located on Detroit’s blighted east side, E50 stands at ground zero of the city’s problems. BURN tells the story of these exceptional individuals who, despite the challenges and dysfunction, believe in their city and are attempting to make a difference every day.
The film may be told through the eyes of Detroit firefighters, who are charged with the thankless task of saving a city that many have written off as dead, but BURN isn't just about a single city. It's about all national first responders, whose budgets are on the chopping block.
It's about the people you hope will make it to your house when there's a fire.
More information on the film, directed by Brenna Sanchez and Tom Putnam, can be found at http://detroitfirefilm.org/. This film is not yet rated.
A significant portion of any proceeds from the film will go to the Leary Firefighters Foundation to purchase gear for the Detroit firefighters.
For tickets and showtimes, check here.
See More on Patch
- 'Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition' Filming in Plymouth This Month
- Crowds Flock to 'Love and Honor' Premiere at Penn Theatre
- 'Love and Honor' Film Adapts City Official's Experience Going AWOL
- Not Your Usual Concert: Local Brass Band Prepares for Annual Festival
- Contest: Share Your Love of Local Art, Win Tickets to the Festival of Bands
Most Popular articles
- Canton Teen Cited for Open House Party After Police Find 50 Teens in Basement
- 66 Crimes Reported in Canton This Week
- Man Arrested on Charges of Possession of Crack Cocaine During Canton Traffic Stop
- 700 Pounds of Copper Stolen From Plymouth Township Business
- What’s the Going Rate For a Lawn Service in the Plymouth-Canton Area?