Five Things You Need to Know in Plymouth — Oct. 3, 2011
What every Plymouth resident should know.
Wow. What a weekend in Metro Detroit for sports fans. Michigan, Michigan State, the Tigers, Red Wings and Lions all managed to tally wins over the weekend.
There's plenty on the docket this week in Plymouth, starting with a city commission meeting tonight and finishing with a highly anticipated matchup Friday between the Plymouth Wildcats and Canton Chiefs.
1. Downtown construction expected to finish today
Construction work taking place at the intersection of Main Street and Ann Arbor Trail in downtown Plymouth is expected to finish today, according to projections made by city officials in a memo last week. Traffic has been limited to one lane in each direction with no left turns permitted at the intersection.
2. City Commission meets tonight
The Plymouth City Commission will meet tonight for a regular meeting at 7 p.m. at City Hall. Among the topics discussed are: Heating and air conditioning maintenance contract, bulk leaf and materials hauling bids and administrative procedures for MERS defined contribution plan, according to the agenda for the meeting.
3. Sunday's winning lotto numbers
Here are Sunday's winning lottery numbers, via the Michigan Lottery website:
- Daily 3 Midday: 4-5-2
- Daily 3 Evening: 5-2-8
- Daily 4 Midday: 1-4-6-0
- Daily 4 Evening: 9-3-6-5
01 02 05 11 15 16 18
19 32 40 42 43 45 51
55 58 59 60 61 63 68
- Fantasy 5: 13-18-32-35-37. Today's jackpot is estimated at $100,000.
- Mega Millions (Friday): 3-19-21-44-45-29, Megaplier: 4x. Friday's jackpot is $12 million.
- Classic Lotto 47 (Saturday): 1-10-20-22-31-38. Today's jackpot is estimated at $1.75 million.
- Powerball (Saturday): 1-12-23-27-43-31 Power Play: 3x. Wednesday's estimated jackpot is $58 million
4. Cheapest gas: $3.29 at four stations
Need to fill up before your Monday morning commute? Gas is $3.29 at Speedway, 15255 N. Sheldon Road; Mobil, 1545 W. Ann Arbor Road; Speedway, 1490 S. Sheldon Road and Marathon, 402 N. Mill St., according to www.michigangasprices.com.
5. Plan ahead: Plymouth vs. Canton rivalry game is Friday
Football fans looking for a matchup that has plenty on the line need to look no further than Friday's contest between the unbeaten Plymouth Wildcats and the one-loss Canton Chiefs at Plymouth-Canton Educational Park's varsity field. The game, which also is Plymouth's homecoming, kicks off at 7 p.m. Salem Rocks is playing just a few hundred yards away at the campus' grass field, where they play host to Livonia Stevenson.