The 10 Best Places to Watch Football on New Year's Day
Several Canton venues will be tuned to the big games on New Year's Day.
New Year's Day is known for its college football traditions, and for the first time since 2007, Michigan State and University of Michigan fans alike will have reason to take part in the festivities.
Michigan State (11-1) will take on Nick Saban-led Alabama (9-3) in the Capital One Bowl at 1 p.m., and U-M (7-5) faces Mississippi State (8-4) in the Gator Bowl at 1:30 p.m. If you don't plan on flying to Florida, here are the 10 best places to watch your favorite team's bowl game Saturday.
1. Bailey's Irish Pub — TVs, drink specials and a hot grill ready to cook. And the Irish Pub is not all Irish, as you can also enjoy imported beers from around the world.
2. TC Gators — Known for its up-tempo atmosphere. There are televisions everywhere, and it doesn't hurt that there are pool tables and a full menu of food and drinks. The booths afford plenty of room for friends or family.
3. T.G.I.Friday's — The menu and the atmosphere are almost unbeatable. The menu features everything from burgers and ribs to salads and seafood.
4. Shark Club — This venue is known for poker tournaments and other special events. It can also accommodate the big games almost as well as any place. Bring your laptop and enjoy the free Wi-Fi.
5. Kickers All Star Grill — The Michigan Avenue sports bar features a wide selection of burgers and BBQ items. It also has several TVs. Lots of local softball and hockey teams frequent Kickers after their games.
6. 4 Friends Bar & Grill — The name itself sounds like a great place to be. Stop by for a full menu of BBQ and other dinner options.
7. The Crow's Nest Bar & Grill — Kick back in a friendly neighborhood spot and keep track of the scores on big-screen TVs while enjoying a game of darts with pals. Food ranges from steak to burgers; drink specials won't be announced until later this week.
8. The Bowery Grille & Pub — A wide selection of domestic beers, a well-known grill and TVs galore. The Bowery offers a cozy feel with all the benefits of a large establishment.
9. Buffalo Wild Wings — It has enough televisions that every game is covered. The menu includes wing specials, drink specials and trivia games with a family-friendly atmosphere. There is also free Wi-Fi.
10. Your Home or Your Friend's — For those of you hosting or attending parties with family and/or friends, here's the bowl TV schedule. Load up on your favorite drinks and snacks, traditional meal selections and root for your favorite team in the comfort of a private home.