The United States Postal Service is seeking input from the community about where it should relocate its Plymouth branch after it reached a sales agreement on its current downtown space on Penniman Avenue, according to a letter addressed to Plymouth Mayor Dan Dwyer.
According to the letter, five Plymouth and Plymouth Township locations currently are under review, but just two options would keep the post office located downtown.
- 400-444 S. Main St. (Mayflower Center) — 2,086 square feet
- 521-561 W. Ann Arbor Road (Riverbank Square) — 2,577 square feet
- 1368-1498 S. Sheldon Road — 2,850 square feet
- 885 Penniman Ave. — 2,350 square feet
- 620 W. Ann Arbor Road — 5,400 square feet
Two locations have been ruled out because they are not in a preferred area, the letter indicated:
- 44525 W. Ann Arbor Road (Plymouth Square)
- 41424-41496 Ann Arbor Road (Plymouth Towne Center)
According to the letter, postal regulations dictate community input be sought within 30 days from the submission of the letter, dated March 4. Letters voicing input can be addressed to:
Vice President, Facilities
Attn: Marla J. Larsen-Williams, Real Estate Specialist
Facilities Implementation Team A
62 Stratford Drive, Bloomingdale, IL, 60117-7000
Where would you like to see the post office relocate in Plymouth? Check the map, vote in our poll and let us know in the comments.