Does Michigan have a new power couple?
Detroit Tigers' star pitcher Justin Verlander and Sports Illustrated 2012 swimsuit edition cover model Kate Upton have been the focus of rumors lately after being spotted "hanging all over each other" at Coyote Joe's bar in Utica last week.
Adding fuel to the rumors, it seems, was Verlander's lackluster performance in Wednesday's Major League Baseball All-Star Game. The American League's starting pitcher gave up five runs en route to an 8-0 loss to the National League.
"Clearly Kate Upton is the new Yoko," wrote @reeviespeevies, comparing the 20-year-old St. Joseph native to Yoko Ono of Beatles infamy.
Neither Verlander nor Upton have publicly commented on the nature of their relationship. Earlier this year, they starred in two commercials promoting the "MLB 2K12" video game.
See More on Patch
- Plymouth Whalers Hammer Sarnia Sting, 11-2, in Game 1 of OHL Playoffs
- Plymouth Whalers Win Sixth in a Row, 8-0, in Sault Ste. Marie
- Whalers Win Fifth in a Row and 13 of 14 in 7-5 Win Over Saginaw
- Whalers' Alex Nedeljkovic Named OHL Goaltender and Rookie of the Month
- Plymouth Hockey Wins Regional Final
Most Popular articles
- Canton Teen Cited for Open House Party After Police Find 50 Teens in Basement
- 66 Crimes Reported in Canton This Week
- Man Arrested on Charges of Possession of Crack Cocaine During Canton Traffic Stop
- 700 Pounds of Copper Stolen From Plymouth Township Business
- Plymouth-Canton School Board Authorizes Issuance of First Bond Series