Weekend Planner: 'Sunday with Schubert,' Christian Rock Plus Hockey, and More
The weekend is nearly here! Let Patch help you plan.
Friday's almost here and that means weekend fun. Let's take a look at what's going on around town:
- Where: Plymouth Historical Museum
- When: 7:30 p.m. Thursday
- Pricing: Free
- Why Go: In time for Valentine's Day, the Plymouth Historical Museum hosts a free lecture focusing on the history of Kilwins. Plus, a Sweet Fair is planned, where guests can sample treats from Plymouth merchants Kilwins, The Candy Trail, and Perfectly Sweet Cakes and Desserts. Sweets will be for sale as well.
- Where: Garden City High School, 6500 Middlebelt
- When: 7 p.m. Friday and 2 p.m. Saturday
- Pricing: $5 in advance, $6 at the door
- Why Go: The Plymouth-Canton AAUW presents its annual children's play. This year it's "Cinderella."
- Where: Village Theater at Cherry Hill
- When: 7 p.m. Friday
- Pricing :$30
- Why Go: Enjoy a rockin' Valentine's celebration with food from area eateries followed by an 8 p.m. concert with Steve King and the Dittilies, who'll play classic hits from the 1930s to the present.
- Where: Barefoot Productions
- When: 8 p.m. Friday and Saturday
- Pricing: $10 in advance, $12 at the door
- Why Go: It's V-Day, so Barefoot Productions presents The Vagina Monologues, the empowering Eve Ensler play focusing on all things connected to lady parts: Love, sex, rape, birth and beyond.
- Where: First United Methodist Church
- When: 2 p.m. Sunday
- Pricing: $22 general admission, $18 senior, $10 student
- Why Go: Enjoy a Sunday afternoon of music courtesy of the Michigan Philharmonic. Principal clarinetist Lisa Raschiatore will be the soloist for Aaron Copland's jazzy "Clarinet Concerto." The concert also includes Schubert's "Symphony No. 5" and a rare 18th century piece, "Concerto for 12 and Cembalo Obbligato" by Anna Amalie, Duchess of Saxe-Weimar.
- Where: Compuware Arena
- When: 2 p.m. Sunday
- Pricing: $12-$16; group tickets are available, too.
- Why Go: The Plymouth Whalers host the Saginaw Spirit, on the second Faith & Family Day. Doors open at 1 p.m.; the hockey game starts at 2. Afterwards, stick around for a free concert featuring the Jason Eaton Band. Chuck Gaidica is the honorary Faith Day Host.
- Are You My Mother?, a musical based on P.D. Eastman's classic children's book, will be performed 11 a.m. Saturday at the Village Theater at Cherry Hill. $12 adults, $11 seniors and youth.
- Winter Farmers Market returns to Canton's Cady-Boyer Barn at Preservation Park, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Sunday. Shop for locally produced foods and more.
- Valentine's brunch at Fox Hills Golf and Banquet Center, 10:30 a.m.-2 p.m. Sunday. $18.95 for adults, and $6.95 for children ages 3-12. Call (734) 453-7272 for details.
Looking for more ideas? Plenty of happenings can be found on our Events page.