Weekend Planner: Diva Day and 'Into the Woods'
Looking for something to do in the coming days? Read on for ideas.
Plenty to do around town this weekend, from Diva Day for the ladies to free movies for the young ones.
Correction: The Old Yillage Yard and Trunk show is April 28. An earlier version of this story indicated it is Saturday.
- Where: Meeting House Grand Ballroom
- When: 6 p.m. Friday
- Pricing: $75
- Why Go: The Penn Theatre, a nonprofit movie house in downtown Plymouth, is having its seventh annual PENNdemonium Dinner Auction with appetizers, plated dinner, dessert, a full open bar, live and silent auctions, raffle drawings, music and dancing.
- Where: Kellogg Park in downtown Plymouth
- When: 10 a.m. Saturday
- Pricing: Free
- Why Go: The Plymouth Community Chamber of Commerce presents its fourth annual Diva Day. The first 500 divas to show up will be a freebie. More than 30 shops, boutiques, salons and restaurants will be participating, presenting special offers, refreshments, chances to win prizes and more.
- Where: Village Theater at Cherry Hill
- When: 8 p.m. Friday
- Pricing: $15
- Why Go: An ambivalent Cinderella? A blood-thirsty Little Red Riding Hood? A Prince Charming with a roving eye? A witch … who raps? They’re all among the cockeyed characters in James Lapine and Stephen Sondheim’s fractured fairy tale.
- Where: Canton Cinema
- When: 9 and 10 a.m. Saturday and Sunday
- Pricing: Free, but it's first-come, first served.
- Why Go: Goodrich Quality Theaters has its Free Spring Movies series going on, with free movies each weekend through the end of April. This weekend's movie is Happy Feet Two.
- Prom dress sale at Plymouth High School: Plymouth High School is hosting its second annual Prom Dress Sale. New and used dresses will be available as will some formal shoes, sandals and jewelry. Nothing will be priced more than $20.
- One for the Money comes to the Penn: The Katherine Heigl comedy One for the Money comes to the Penn Theatre, 760 Penniman Avenue in Plymouth, this weekend. All seats are $3. Showtimes are as follows: Friday and Saturday at 7 and 9 p.m. and Sunday at 5 and 7 p.m.
For more things to do, visit our Events page.