Weekend Planner: Drive-In Movies, Relay for Life and More!
Looking for something to do in the coming days? Read on for ideas.
Plenty to do around town this weekend, from a sneak preview weekend at Compuware Arena Drive-In movie theater and The Lorax playing the Penn in Plymouth to Relay for Life and Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat in Canton.
- Where: Compuware Arena in Plymouth Township
- When: Dusk on Friday and Saturday (gates open at 7:30 p.m.)
- Pricing: $9 for adults, $6 for children from 4-12; kids aged three and under are admitted free.
- Why Go: It's summer movie season, and drive-in movie theaters are a great way to take in some thrilling action and warm weather. This weekend's movies include Battleship, The Avengers, Dr. Seuss' The Lorax, the Three Stooges and more. See the full listings in today's preview story here on Patch.
Relay for Life in Canton
- Where: Heritage Park in Canton
- When: 10 a.m. Saturday through Sunday
- Pricing: Free to attend. Sign up to participate here.
- Why Go: The relay is a 24-hour relay-style walk to raise funds to fight cancer, with funds benefiting cancer research and other causes for those affected by cancer.
The Lorax plays this weekend at Penn Theatre
- Where: Penn Theatre in Plymouth
- When: Friday at 7; Saturday at 5 and 7 p.m.; Sunday at 5 and 7 p.m.
- Pricing: $3
- Why Go: The historic Penn Theatre offers affordable family entertainment in the heart of downtown Plymouth. The Lorax is an animated adaptation of the Dr. Seuss classic. It is rated PG and runs 86 minutes.
Plymouth Farmers Market continues Saturday
- Where: Alongside Kellogg Park in Plymouth
- When: 7:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Saturday
- Pricing: Free
- Why Go: Pick up some locally made goods from regional vendors! The Plymouth Farmers Market is a fixture downtown most Saturday morning during warm-weather months.
Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat continues at Village Theater
- Where: Village Theater at Cherry Hill in Canton
- When: 7 p.m. Friday, 2 and 7 p.m. Saturday and 1 p.m. Sunday
- Pricing: Pricing varies. For tickets, call: (734) 547-5156 or visit www.foreverafternow.com.
- Why Go: Set to a cornucopia of musical styles, from country-western and calypso to bubble-gum pop and rock 'n' roll, this Old Testament tale is a hit for both young and young at heart.
For more things to do, visit our Events page.