Weekend Planner: Whalers Playoff Action and More
Looking for something to do in the coming days? Read on for ideas.
Plenty to do around town this weekend, from Game 5 between the Plymouth Whalers and Kitchener Rangers to the music of John Denver and Dan Fogelberg.
Plymouth Whalers vs. Kitchener Rangers
- Where: Compuware Arena
- When: 7:05 p.m. Saturday
- Pricing: $16, $12 — available on Whalers website
- Why Go: The best-of-seven series between the Kitchener Rangers and Plymouth Whalers is down to the wire now, and Game 5 should be hotly contested. The series is tied, 2-2.
2012 FIRST Robotics Michigan State Championship
- Where: The Convocation Center at Eastern Michigan University
(799 North Hewitt Road, Ypsilanti)
- When: 8 a.m.-3:30 p.m. on Saturday
- Why Go: On Saturday, a Bosch-sponsored team of more than 60 students
from Salem, Canton and Plymouth high schools will showcase their
original, basketball-playing robot in the 2012 FIRST (For Inspiration
and Recognition of Science and Technology) Robotics Michigan State
- Where: Canton Cinema
- When: 9 and 10 a.m. April 14 and 15
- Pricing: Free, but it's first-come, first served.
- Why Go: Goodrich Quality Theaters has its Free Spring Movies series going on, with free movies each weekend through the end of April. This weekend's movie is Cats and Dogs.
- Where: Village Theater at Cherry Hill
- When: 8 p.m. Friday
- Pricing: $30 for adults, $26 seniors and youths.
- Why Go:
Hear the music of John Denver and Dan Fogelberg at the Village Theater.
- Teen night out at the Block:The BLOCK Youth & Teen Center, 44237 Michigan Ave. in Canton, holds Teen Night Out every Friday night. Activities vary; fees range from $5-$8.
- The Artist comes to the Penn: Oscar-winning silent film The Artist comes to the historic Penn Theatre, 760 Penniman Avenue in Plymouth, this weekend. All seats are $3. Showtimes are as follows: Friday at 7 and 9:10 p.m.; Saturday at 7 and 9:10 p.m. and Sunday at 4:30 and 7 p.m.
For more things to do, visit our Events page.