Weekend Things: Live Music, Farmers Market, Greek Festival Highlight Weekend
What to do this weekend.
There are plenty of events that should grab your attention this weekend:
- The Music in the Air concert series continues at 7 p.m. today with the Randy Brock Group on the Kellogg Park stage.
- Kung Fu Panda 2 is coming to the Penn Theatre tonight at 7 p.m. Tickets are $3 for all seats. The film is PG and runs 91 minutes.
- Bill Bynum & Co. and Carrie Shepard will be playing the Plymouth Coffee Bean tonight. Shows typically begin at 8 p.m.
- Screening tonight at Compuware Arena Drive-In: Spy Kids: All the Time in the World (PG) with Captain America: The First Avenger (PG-13); The Smurfs (PG) with Zookeeper (PG); and Final Destination 5 (R) with Crazy, Stupid, Love (PG-13). Check the latest listings at the drive-in's website. Tickets go on sale at 7:30 the night of the movie, and all films begin at dusk (about 9:20 p.m.).
- Feeling like a trip to Greece? Well, that might be expensive. Instead, however, you can visit the Taste of Greece Festival from 5-11 p.m. at the Nativity of the Virgin Mary Greek Orthodox Church, 39851 Five Mile Road in Plymouth.
- Grab some fresh produce at the Plymouth Farmers Market today from 7:30 a.m. until noon near Kellogg Park at the Plymouth Gathering pavilion.
- See what's playing at Compuware Arena Drive-in.
- Homeward Bound Rescue League has its pet adoption day from noon until 4 p.m. at Pet Supplies Plus, 43665 Ford Road in Canton. Wags to Wiskers will have its animal adoption day at 11 a.m. at 44707 Five Mile Road in Plymouth.
- Kung Fu Panda 2 continues at the Penn Theatre tonight at 5 and 7 p.m.
- The Plymouth Wildcats will face Monroe St. Mary Catholic Central at 11 a.m. today at Eastern Michigan University's Rynearson Stadium, 799 North Hewitt Road in Ypsilanti, as part of the Big Day Prep Showdown VII as the prep football season gets under way. For more information, check www.detroitsports.org. Catch our season preview of the Wildcats here.
- Two authors will visit the Candy Trail today to discuss their special-needs parenting books. Jennifer Greening will be discussing her book, Opening Doors, Opening Lives, on at 10 a.m. and 11 a.m. She will be there until 1 p.m., answering questions and signing books. Ryan Ennis will start at 1 p.m. He also will do book signings of The Thursday Surprise. If you would like to attend, RSVPs are encouraged. Call (734) 737-9338 to reserve your spot or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Open to adults only.
- Plymouth Township Firefighters Local 1496 will have their annual MDA Fill the Boot Drive. They will be at Kroger and Busch's in Plymouth from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- The Taste of Greece Festival continues today from noon to 11 p.m. at the Nativity of the Virgin Mary Greek Orthodox Church.