Based on information provided by the district, here's what students and motorists should keep in mind to ensure a safe school year:
- Students need to wait at the bus stop in an orderly fashion and also be careful not to walk on the grass or damage shrub beds. Students should wait at their bus stop in a single line, 15 feet away from the roadway.
- Students may only ride the bus they are assigned to ride, unless given specific permission to ride another bus by the building administrator.
- Parents, guardians or other authorized persons of kindergartners need to accompany their child to the bus stop and meet the bus during the noon drop off or the afternoon drop off. The bus driver is instructed not to leave the kindergartner alone. This is for your child’s continued safety
- Items not allowed on the bus include glass objects, open containers of food or drink, peanuts or peanut butter, live animals or bugs, weapons - both real and toy - and sports equipment that could endanger others like pole vaults, javelins and shot puts
- Articles left on the buses are usually maintained on each bus for a few days. Following this time period articles are then brought into the Transportation Ofﬁce and maintained for one month.
Questions? Call the Transportation Department at 734-416-3040