Courses are offered in facilities throughout the Plymouth-Canton District.
Here are five classes we found intriguing:
1. Cartoon & Animated Characters - Grades K-5Does your child have a great sense of humor to compliment his or her artistic skills? Students will have fun drawing facial expressions and transforming inanimate objects into crazy characters. Bringing super-sytle action, movement, sound, moods, and expression to life. This class is designed to be fun and engaging-proving that anyone can be an artist! The four-week class begins Nov. 6. Classes are held Mondays from 3:30 to 4:30 p.m. Cost is $60.
2. Bricks 4 Kidz Engineering Class - Grades 3-5In this hands-on class, students will work with LEGO® bricks and motors and learn about pulleys and gears. Your child will develop engineering skills as they build a new model every week and will develop an appreciation of how various devices are put together. Kids will explore the world of engineering and machines in a fun and comfortable environment. The six-week class begins Nov. 21. Cost is $98.
3. Video Game Design Camp - Grades 4-5This program for kids focuses on teaching core, Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math (STEAM) concepts by allowing kids to express their creativity through video game design. Kids will learn about the entire life cycle of designing a video game - from game ideation to concept development, story boarding, character development, environment design, sound and music, game controls and more. Kids demonstrate creative thinking, problem solving and communication skills while working in teams to build and take home their very own video games. The four-class program starts Nov. 18 and costs $160.
4. Learn to Skate - All AgesLearn basics of roller skating and roller blading in a fun and safe environment. Includes instruction on falling down & getting up, forward skating, starting, stopping, balancing on one foot, forward scissors, maneuvering and squat & roll. Rental is included or bring your own skates/blades. Classes are held at the Skatin Station Nov. 19 and Nov. 23. The later date includes practice time from 1-10pm. Cost is $50 for Nov. 19 and $60 for Nov. 23.
5. Test Taking Strategies - Grades 6-8Preparing for and successfully taking tests are two of the most important skills a student can have. Techniques presented will improve students’ abilities in both areas. Topics presented: strategies for matching questions, answering essay questions, using quizzes to improve test scores, avoiding freezing up on tests, improving concentration and test-taking prep check list. The two week class begins Nov. 11. Cost is $49.
Online registration for classes is available. For more information, visit communityeducation.pccs.k12.mi.us.