Are you staying in town this holiday season? Here's everything you might need to know about what's open and when:
- City of Plymouth: City Hall will be closed both Dec. 31 and Jan 1. in observance of New Years. Wednesday Trash Collection will be delayed by one day this week.
- Plymouth Township: Plymouth Township Hall will be closed Dec. 31 and Jan. 1 for the New Year's Holidays, with exception of the Treasurer's Office, which will be open from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. for tax payments on Dec. 31 only. Solid Waste Collection for Wednesday - Friday collection areas will be delayed one day to include Saturday.
- Canton Township: The township administration building, Canton Public Safety Records Bureau, Police and Fire Administrative Offices, and Ordinance Enforcement Unit will be closed Dec. 31 and January 1. The offices will reopen Thursday, Jan. 2at 8:30 a.m. Canton Waste Recycling will not pick-up on New Years Eve or New Years Day. Collection will be delayed by two days. CWR will resume their regular pick-up
schedule on Monday, Jan. 6.
- Mail: The U.S. Postal Service will not have any post offices open on New Year's Day, nor will there be any mail delivery or pickup.
- Emergency: Always call 911 for police and fire emergencies as well as for any suspicious activity.
- Library: Both the Plymouth District Library and the Canton Public Library will be closed Tuesday and Wednesday in observance of New Year's Eve and New Year's Day. The Plymouth District Library will reopen Thursday at 9:30 a.m, while Canton will reopen Thursday at 9 a.m.
- Entertainment: Catch the latest movie at Emagine Canton or Goodrich Canton Cinema. New releases include "The Wolf of Wall Street," "Lone Survivor," "The Secret Life of Walter Mitty," "47 Ronin," and "Grudge Match."