The iPhone 5 arrives today at an Apple Store near you.
At Twelve Oaks Mall, patrons were able to line up outside of the Apple Store at 6 a.m. today, two hours before the store opening its doors.
Customers can choose from the 16GB version, starting at $199, the 32GB version, starting at $299, or the 64GB version, staring at $399. The phones are available in black and slate or white and silver.
If buying an iPhone 5 is on your Friday to-do list, here are a few pre-purchase suggestions from the folks at Apple:
Before You Arrive
- Upgrade your existing iPhone to the latest iOS release. Just connect your iPhone to your Mac or PC and follow the onscreen instructions in iTunes.
- Back up the data on your existing iPhone to iCloud or your computer. For instructions, read this Support document.
- Take note of your Apple ID.
What to Bring with You
- Your old mobile phone, if you’re replacing it.
- Your Social Security number.
- Valid government-issued photo ID.
- Carrier account password, if you have one.