Plenty to do around town this weekend, from Diva Day for the ladies to free movies for the young ones.
Correction: The Old Yillage Yard and Trunk show is April 28. An earlier version of this story indicated it is Saturday.
- When: 6 p.m. Friday
- Pricing: $75
- Why Go: The Penn Theatre, a nonprofit movie house in downtown Plymouth, is having its seventh annual PENNdemonium Dinner Auction with appetizers, plated dinner, dessert, a full open bar, live and silent auctions, raffle drawings, music and dancing.
- Where: in downtown Plymouth
- When: 10 a.m. Saturday
- Pricing: Free
- Why Go: The Plymouth Community Chamber of Commerce presents its fourth annual Diva Day. The first 500 divas to show up will be a freebie. More than 30 shops, boutiques, salons and restaurants will be participating, presenting special offers, refreshments, chances to win prizes and more.
- When: 8 p.m. Friday
- Pricing: $15
- Why Go: An ambivalent Cinderella? A blood-thirsty Little Red Riding Hood? A Prince Charming with a roving eye? A witch … who raps? They’re all among the cockeyed characters in James Lapine and Stephen Sondheim’s fractured fairy tale.
- When: 9 and 10 a.m. Saturday and Sunday
- Pricing: Free, but it's first-come, first served.
- Why Go: Goodrich Quality Theaters has its Free Spring Movies series going on, with free movies each weekend through the end of April. This weekend's movie is Happy Feet Two.
- Prom dress sale at Plymouth High School: is hosting its second annual Prom Dress Sale. New and used dresses will be available as will some formal shoes, sandals and jewelry. Nothing will be priced more than $20.
- One for the Money comes to the Penn: The Katherine Heigl comedy One for the Money comes to the , 760 Penniman Avenue in Plymouth, this weekend. All seats are $3. Showtimes are as follows: Friday and Saturday at 7 and 9 p.m. and Sunday at 5 and 7 p.m.
For more things to do, visit our Events page.