Plenty to do around town this weekend, from Green Street Fair to the Super Jess 5K!
- When: 1:30 p.m. Friday
- Pricing: Free
- Why Go: Eco-friendly exhibitors and live music highlight the fifth annual Green Street Fair in downtown Plymouth this weekend. Check for details. Be sure to check out pop-rock stars the Verve Pipe on 5 p.m. Saturday, but stop by on the other days for a bevy of regional artists.
Super Jess 5K at P-CEP
- Where: Plymouth-Canton Educational Park
- When: 8 a.m. Sunday
- Pricing: Event fees are $25 for adults older, 18 and $20 for all others. Free to attend.
- Why Go: The Plymouth-Canton Educational Park’s National Honor Society will host its second Super Jess 5K at 8 a.m. Sunday at the park. This event was created in honor of 16-year-old P-CEP student, Jesse Lindlbauer, who suffered a traumatic brain injury after a sinus infection turned into an abscess, which ruptured. The Super Jess 5K run was created in order to bring the community support to the family and raise money to help defray medical expenses.
Albert Nobbs comes to Penn Theatre
- When: Friday at 7 and 9:10 p.m.; Saturday at 7 and 9:10 p.m.; Sunday at 4:30 and 7 p.m.
- Pricing: $3
- Why Go: Albert Nobbs struggles to survive in late 19th century Ireland, where women aren't encouraged to be independent. Posing as a man, so she can work as a butler in Dublin's most posh hotel, Albert meets a handsome painter and looks to escape the lie she has been living.
- : Italian organ virtoso Eugenio Fagiani is renowned world-wide as a masterful composer, performer, and improviser. This concert is part of an American tour that will also include performances at Princeton University and other venues in the Detroit area. Mr. Fagiani's performance in Plymouth is part of "Resounding Art in a Sacred Space", the concert series sponsored by .
For more things to do, visit our Events page.