— Submitted by Canton Leisure Services
What’s New at the Harvest Market – November 18, 9 a.m. – 2 p.m. in and outside the Cady-Boyer Barn at Preservation Park, 500 N. Ridge Road (rain or shine).
- Catch Market vendor Kristi Zebrowski of Grace Savory & Sweet (gluten free baking mixes) on Fox 2 Detroit with Taryn & Jay between 7-8 a.m. Sunday, then head out to the Market where 22 local vendors will be selling their goods!
- Chef Paul will be cooking with pumpkin! 10:30 a.m.–noon.
- Our friends from the Miller Elementary Daisy Troop will be holding a Personal Care Item Collection (or cash donations) for the Open Door Ministry. Items will be distributed to those in need! Thanks for your support!
- Enter a free drawing to win tickets to the November, 20th performance of the Detroit Symphony Orchestra at the Village Theater. The performance is part of the Neighborhood Concert Recital Series, an effort to “shape the cultural landscape of Southeast Michigan.
Next Market: Winter Markets 2013
- Winter Markets are scheduled for February 10, March 10 & April 21, 2013
Check out what local goods you can expect at the Harvest Market:
- Produce: Apples, pie pumpkins, spinach, greens, brussel sprouts, garlic, onions, winter squash, potatoes, carrots, celeriac, collard greens, kale, potatoes, beets, radish, turnip, cabbage, herbs.
- Food: A limited quantity of turkeys, apple cider, honey, farm eggs, sauerkraut, jam, frozen fruit, blended tea, kettle corn, anti-biotic & hormone free meats, gluten free baking mixes, fresh roasted coffee beans, hand cut jerky & summer sausage, Great Lakes fish, seasoning packets (soup, pasta sauce, salsa, olive oil, salad dressing, pesto), flavored butters, popcorn kernels for popping, artisan cheese & cheese spreads, cinnamon honey baked almonds, granola, artisan bread, baked goods (including vegan, sugar free & gluten free), sauces, salad dressing, marinades, salsa, mustards, pierogi, pasties, hot drinks & more
- Art & Crafts: Handcrafted soap & soy candles (great Thanksgiving hostess gifts)