Top-performing auto suppliers acknowledged for
commitment to excellence in 2013
Twenty-four automotive suppliers were honored by Johnson Controls, a global diversified company in the building and automotive industries, for their leadership and commitment to the Automotive Seating business at the company’s 18th annual North American Supplier Performance Awards ceremony. The event was held recently in Plymouth, Mich.
“Our suppliers worked alongside us throughout the year, sharing a commitment to excellence and exceeding expectations,” said Kelly Bysouth, group vice president, global purchasing, Automotive Seating. “We’re pleased to recognize suppliers that continue to achieve award status year over year, which proves their dedication to our joint success. In addition, there are some new names on the list as well as a leadership award for Global Growth – a category that wasn’t recognized in 2012.”
Johnson Controls’ North American Supplier Performance Awards are presented for top performance in the following areas: quality, cost, logistics, development, technology and service. This year, outstanding performance by the company’s supply base was recognized on four levels – platinum, gold, silver and bronze.
Recipients of the Platinum 2013 Supplier Performance Award were:
- Automatic Spring Products Inc. Grand Haven, Mich.
- E & E Manufacturing Plymouth, Mich.
- Kenwal Steel Corp. Dearborn, Mich.
The Gold 2013 Supplier Performance Award recipients were:
- Global Enterprises Huntington Woods, Mich.
Silver 2013 Supplier Performance Award recipients were:
- Bayer Material Science Leverkusen, Germany
- BILSTEIN Hagen, Germany
- Continental Midland Park Forest, Ill.
- Dow Automotive Systems Auburn Hills, Mich.
- EDS Manufacturing Inc. Nogales, Ariz.
- Grand Rapids Controls Co. LLC Rockford, Mich.
- Greenfield Research Greenfield, Ohio
- JSP International, LLC Wayne, Pa.
- LG Hausys America, Inc. Seoul, Korea
- Petoskey Plastics Petoskey, Mich.
- PTX Clemmons, N.C.
- Unique Fabricating Auburn Hills, Mich.
Supplier companies recognized with a Bronze 2013 Supplier Performance Award were:
- Akko Fasteners Inc. Cincinnati, Ohio
- Alex Products Ridgeville Corners, Ohio
- ASMO Manufacturing, Inc. Battle Creek, Mich.
- Leggett & Platt Carthage, Mo.
- Royal Technologies Hudsonville, Mich.
- West Michigan Molding, Inc. Grand Haven, Mich.
- Williamston Products, Inc. Williamston, Mich.
In addition, Johnson Controls officials presented four leadership awards in the following areas:
- Sustainability – Petoskey Plastics, Petoskey, Mich.
- Customer Satisfaction – Beach Mold & Tool, New Albany, Ind.
- Continuous Improvement – Global Enterprises, Huntington Woods, Mich.
- Global Growth – E & E Manufacturing, Plymouth, Mich.
About Johnson Controls:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries. Our 168,000 employees create quality products, services and solutions to optimize energy and operational efficiencies of buildings; lead-acid automotive batteries and advanced batteries for hybrid and electric vehicles; and interior systems for automobiles. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. Through our growth strategies and by increasing market share we are committed to delivering value to shareholders and making our customers successful. In 2013, Corporate Responsibility Magazine recognized Johnson Controls as the #14 company in its annual “100 Best Corporate Citizens” list. For additional information, please visit http://www.johnsoncontrols.com.
About Johnson Controls Automotive Experience:
Johnson Controls is a global leader in automotive seating, overhead systems, door and instrument panels, and interior electronics. We support all major automakers in the differentiation of their vehicles through our products, technologies and advanced manufacturing capabilities. With 240 locations worldwide, we are where our customers need us to be. Consumers have enjoyed the comfort and style of our products, from single components to complete interiors. With our global capability, we supply approximately 50 million cars per year.