As Fall gets underway, many area homeowners are evaluating improvement options, especially those that will help them better manage energy costs. A recent independent survey from Houzz and Home indicates that two of the leading reasons to initiate home improvement projects in the Midwest were to “incorporate new technologies into the home” and “increase energy efficiency”. Comcast has consumers covered from Xfinity Home to the X1 Video Platform.
Xfinity Home, currently available throughout Michigan, is Comcast’s innovative new “smart home” service that offers professionally monitored home security service coupled with remote home automation and energy management features that help customers stay better connected to their homes, no matter where they are. Xfinity Home Secure enables them to:
- Remotely view live streaming video from security cameras with night vision via iPhone, iPad or Android apps or any internet connection (ideal for parents and pet owners)
- Set custom alerts to get email or text messages instantly based on events – for instance, a door opening (or not opening) during a window of time (when a pet sitter should arrive or when a son or daughter arrived home from school)
- Assign a dedicated security system access code to the pet sitters or housekeeper, to know when they are coming and going
- Set up energy-efficient rules, such as to automatically turn down the heat when you set the alarm to “away”. Plus, our EcoSaver technology automatically learns and adapts to your preferences as well as the outdoor temperature to optimize the way you heat or cool your home.
- Use sensors to turn the lights on when you enter a room, and off when you leave
- Use moisture sensors to alert you to water issues in problem areas like a basement or bathroom
- Save 10% off their energy and heating costs (on average when a customer uses the thermostat and light sensors) and save up to 20% on their homeowners insurance
Plus, for those that enjoy DIY/Do It Yourself Projects, we offer Xfinity Home Control for customers who want smart home solutions, but do not choose the professional security monitoring that is offered with Xfinity Home Secure. Xfinity Home Control can also be self-installed by the customer.
And, to ensure that your home is as technologically advanced as possible, our bundle offerings include
- The X1 Video Platform, which delivers the world’s largest collection of video controlled by your voice through the X1 Remote App in one easy-to-navigate experience which features
- Five tuners to record four shows at once and watch a fifth program along with the ability to enjoy the DVR recordings in multiple rooms of the house
- Integrated with apps featuring sports, weather, traffic, Pandora, Facebook and Twitter among others to transform the entertainment experience
- Unified search and instant play, along with recommendations, with the ability to find entertainment content in seconds from TV listings, DVR recordings and Xfinity On Demand