Trivia: On the E! network's reality series "Opening Act," which hit song did Canton band TwentyForSeven cover during its performance with Gym Class Heroes?
Yesterday's trivia answer: The previous world record for the women's 4x100 medley relay was 3:52.19 set by China in 2009.
5. Plymouth Township candidate has town hall tonight
Janai Stepp, candidate for Plymouth Township Trustee, is having a today from 7-9 p.m. at , 450 Forest Ave. in Plymouth.
4. Plymouth City Commission meets tonight at Rotary Park
The Plymouth City Commission will meet at 7 p.m. tonight at Rotary Park at Wing and Herald streets. On the agenda tonight:
- POAM Officers Contract Ratification
- Parking Ordinance Amendment
- Sidewalk and Utility Patch Repair Contract
- Parking Fine Schedule Update
- Possible Purchase of Tax Foreclosed Properties
3. Plan ahead: Inaugural Art About Town event comes to Plymouth this week
Art About Town is coming on Saturday. The event will be held in Downtown Plymouth from 10 a.m.-6 p.m. and is put on by the downtown merchants and the Plymouth Community Chamber of Commerce.
Participating businesses will sponsor an artist at their location that will be on-site throughout the day to give demonstrations and talks on their artform. Some will have artwork available for sale. There will be a "passport" to take to the participating buisnesses to be stamped. To win, a participant must have 12 stamps on their passport.
2. Don't forget to vote Tuesday: Check out the candidates for Canton, Plymouth Township primary races
The primary elections are Nov. 7 around the country for local and state races. Patch sent questionnaires to candidates in all the local races. We've compiled a list of responses and additional information. Find the following page to read up on your favorite candidate(s):
1. Old Village Restaurant Crawl returns to Plymouth on Wednesday
Visit the Old Village area of Plymouth and sample great food and drink from local restaurants. This year's participants include:
Tickets are $15 for adults and $5 for children 12 and under. Tickets can be purchased at the Chamber of Commerce office (850 W. Ann Arbor Trail) and at the participating restaurants.