Local trivia: Sheldon Road is named after which person?
The answer to Saturday's trivia: Titus Hoisington was Plymouth's lone American Revolution veteran.
5. Canton Farmers Market continues today
The Canton Farmers Market returns from 9 a.m.-1 p.m. today at Preservation Park, 500 N. Ridge Road. For a rundown of what is offered today, check our story here.
4. Planning a Memorial Day weekend event? Check the weather
Today's forecast is partly cloudy with a chance of showers and thunderstorms. Record highs of 90 to 94 are predicted. Southwest winds 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 40 percent. Tonight is mostly clear. Lows 68 to 72. Southwest winds 5 to 15 mph. Check the remainder of the weekend on WeatherBug. An has been prepared.
The DNR offers these tips to avoid activities that cause ozone formation:
- Try not to refuel. If you need to refuel, fill up in the evening when the weather is cooler and don’t top off the tank.
- Refrain from using gas powered lawn equipment.
- Do no use charcoal or lighter fluid on that grill.
- Carpool and combine trips in any vehicle.
3. Big Miracle continues at Penn Theatre
Family friendly fare is hitting the silver screen of the in downtown Plymouth this week. Big Miracle comes to the Penn at 7 p.m. today. All seats are $3. The film is PG and runs 107 minutes. The showtimes are as follows:
Today at 4:45 p.m. and 7 p.m.
Thursday, May 31 at 7 pm
2. 'Because of the Brave' comes to Canton
The BeckRidge Chorale will perform its patriotic Because of the Brave set Monday at the at Cherry Hill in Canton at 1 and 3 p.m. Tickets for the Memorial Day-themed event are $8 and $10 and can be ordered online.
1. Where to go for Memorial Day ceremonies
In Plymouth, ceremonies begin downtown at 8:30 a.m. Monday as the Plymouth Memorial Day Parade gets under way at Harvey and Wing streets. The parade will proceed north, ending at at Main and Church streets for a memorial ceremony from 9:30-10:30 a.m.
In Canton, there will be a Memorial Day service at the Veterans Memorial in Canton at , just west of the , 1150 S. Canton Center Road in Canton. The service takes place at 1 p.m. Monday.