In addition to these five events, today also marks 11 years since the devastating Sept. 11, 2001 attacks. We'll never forget.
Trivia: Where was this photo taken?
Yesterday's trivia answer: The Canton Dog Park opened May 20, 2011.
5. Register for Sept. 23 Run for Ribbons 5K in Plymouth
Runners rejoice: The inaugural will sprint through downtown Plymouth on Sept. 23. Registration for the 5K and mile-long race, which will of child abuse, is under way at the Lighthouse Family Charity website.
4. Pay it forward today at Nico & Vali
Looking to chip in for a cause? in downtown Plymouth is offering a Pay It Forward effort at the restaurant today, with a percentage of proceeds benefiting Kiwanis of Plymouth.
3. Canton Board of Trustees meets Tuesday
The Canton Township Board of Trustees will meet 7 p.m. today at the , 1150 S. Canton Center Road in Canton. On the agenda:
- Consider final site plan approval for Crystal Village at Denton Condominiums
- Consider the emergency purchase of one replacement Ford Taurus patrol vehicle and approval of budget amendment.
2. Plymouth Township Board of Trustees meets today
The Plymouth Township Board of Trustees is back in action today, meeting at 7 p.m. at , 9955 N. Haggerty Road, Plymouth.
On the agenda:
- Ordinance to adopt Code of Ordinances, Ordinance No. 1016, second reading
- Western townships Utility Authority (WTUA) annual budget resolutions No. 12-09-11-25
- Special Assessment District for Ridgewood Hills Subdivision
- Health Insurance Procedure No. 4.2
- Purchase of new public safety radio system
- 2012 millage rate approval
- Drug forfeiture budget, Resolution No. 12-09-11-26
- Solid waste budget, Resolution No. 12-09-11-27
- Resolution authorizing issuance of 2012 General Obligation Limited Tax Refunding Bonds, Resolution No. 12-09-11-28
1. Plymouth-Canton Board of Education meets today
The Plymouth-Canton Community Schools Board of Education meets 7 p.m. today at the , 454 S. Harvey in Plymouth.
On the agenda:
- Consider approval of best practices resolution.
- Consider approval of resolution for special education "GOALS" program with Northville Public Schools.
- Consider approval of resolution for "Focus school" transfer with Northville Public Schools.
- Finance committee report.
- Policy committee report and recommended action.
- Superintendent evaluation rubric committee report.