Trivia: What percentage of Wayne County's total area is water?
Yesterday's trivia answer: From Tom Dusbiber:
The League of Women Voters was founded by Carrie Chapman Catt in 1920 during the convention of the National American Woman Suffrage Association. The convention was held just six months before the 19th amendment to the U.S. Constitution was ratified, giving women the right to vote after a 72-year struggle.
5. Restaurant Week comes to downtown Plymouth on Sept. 28
Ten downtown restaurants will show off signature dishes starting Sept. 28 for Downtown Plymouth's Restaurant Week, which runs through Oct. 7. No tickets are required, but meals run between $15-35.
4. Don't Text and Drive and you can win!
Patch.com in Michigan is partnering with AT&T to raise awareness about distracted driving. We are launching a series of stories and, in partnership with AT&T, are also rewarding readers who commit to not text and drive with a variety of prizes. Check our contest page for more information.
3. Plymouth Township Board of Trustees set to meet tonight
The Plymouth Township Board of Trustees is set to meet tonight at Plymouth Township Hall, 9955 N. Haggerty Road, Plymouth, starting at 7 p.m.
On tonight's agenda:
- Unfinished business: Purchase of new public safety radio system
- Moratorium on Medical Marihuana Act uses
- Chief of Police health care premium in lieu of payment
- Proposed 2013 meeting dates
2. Canton Township Board of Trustees meets tonight
The Canton Township Board of Trustees will meet at 7 p.m. today at the Canton Administration Building, 1500 S. Canton Center Road. On tonight's agenda:
- Consider special land use request for ABC Warehouse for automotive service and site plan approval for ABC Warehouse
- Resolution to approve WTUA 2012-13 budget
- Consider Tortora/Lapp rezoning
- Consider increasing blanket purchase order for Midwest Golf and Tube by $10,000
- Consider approval of asphalt repair at Summit on the Park
1. Plymouth-Canton Board of Education meets tonight
The Plymouth-Canton Community Schools Board of Education meets at 7 p.m. today at the E.J. McClendon Educational Center, 454 S. Harvey in Plymouth.
On tonight's agenda:
- Consider Approval of Policy #6165: Health Care Stabilization Fund (first reading)
- Consider Approval of Policy #0131.1: Bylaws and Policies (first reading)
- Consider Approval of Policy #6146: Post Issuance Tax Compliance