It's Thursday at last, the perfect day to looking forward to weekend fun. Here are some ideas for your planning pleasure. Let's see what's going on around town.
- When: 7 p.m. Feb. 17-18 (Doors open at 6:30, and dinner is served at 7 p.m.)
- Pricing: $45
- Why Go: Enjoy a Wild West adventure as Trouble in Silver City hits the Biltmore Studio. The Spotlight Players are transforming it into the Red Hat Saloon, circa 1870. Come in costume (if you like), enjoy dinner and drinks, and help solve the mystery of who murdered the Eastern stranger in this dinner whodunit.
- When: 8 p.m. Feb. 17-18 and Feb. 24-25, and 2 p.m. Feb. 18-19 and Feb. 25-26
- Pricing: $16-$18
- Why Go: The Spotlight Players present Cheaper by the Dozen, a funny story based on the real-life Gilbreth family, which had 12 children. The family business involves testing motion study, and dad uses the methods he learns and makes his brood into guinea pigs. FYI: It's tied more closely to the book and 1950 film than the 2003 Steve Martin comedy of the same name.
- When: 6 p.m. Saturday
- Pricing: $75 per person
- Why Go: The Plymouth Historical Museum holds its annual auction fundraiser at the Fox Hills Fox Classic. A ticket will get you a gourmet dinner and dessert (plus cash bar), a performance by Simply Dickens, live auction and raffles, and a chance for a ride with 101-year-old Margaret Dunning in her 1930 Packard.
- When: 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Sunday
- Pricing: Free, but donations for cocoa and snacks will be accepted.
- Why Go: Canton Township Leisure Services Events and Activities has a fun day planned along the Lower Rouge River Recreation Trail. Bring your own skis or snowshoes (or call 734-394-5474 about rental prices; though there might not be any left), followed by snacks and cocoa. And if the snow melts, it'll become a scenic winter walk.
- Poetry night comes to 7:30 p.m. Thursday. Poets and writers are invited to join for some literary endeavors, with special guest Carol Was. And if you prefer your poetry set to music, Plymouth Coffee Bean has live music most Friday and Saturday nights.
- Dueling Pianos returns to this weekend, 9 p.m.-midnight Friday and Saturday. Enjoy favorite and familiar tunes in a lively, improvised format. $5 cover. Call 734-455-8450 for reservations.
That's hardly all, however, that's happening around town this weekend. Be sure to visit our Events page for more ideas.