A fire broke out at Howell’s Bar & Grill, a popular tavern in downtown Dearborn, Friday night. Dearborn Fire Chief Joseph Murray told the Detroit Free Press the building was a total loss. There were no injuries reported.
A witness said the fire started at about 7:30 p.m. and a cook ran from the basement where smoke was billowing out and told everyone to get out.
The bar was described by the Free Press as "an old-time shot and beer joint" and a popular spot with Ford Motor workers.
"It's just very sad," witness Joe Romzek told ClickOnDetroit.com. "These people are going to be losing their jobs."