City Commissioners voted on their top six goals for the new year during the commission's Jan. 6 meeting.
The goals are:
1. Resolve Last Issues Regarding Dissolution of Plymouth Community For Department Agreement (Primarily Pension issues)
2. Work Collaboratively with Plymouth Arts & Recreation Complex (PARC) organization, the Plymouth Canton School Board, and the greater Plymouth community to repurpose Central Middle School into a high quality Arts & Recreation Complex.
3. Develop plan to seek multi-agency approvals, develop proposed traffic plans, cost structure and develop cost effective funding proposals for possible railroad quiet zones for all crossings in the City.
4. Work collaboratively with the DDA and property owners regarding potential cost effective alternatives to increase downtown parking stock.
5. Determine and implement plan of action regarding expiring city dedicated road millage
6. Secure funding to hire additional police for downtown bar/restaurant patrol, thus freeing up current officers for increased neighborhood patrols