The Plymouth-Canton Board of Education on Tuesday approved a new contract between the district and the 1,100-member Plymouth-Canton Education Association union, the Canton Observer reported.
According to the report, the terms include:
- Teachers agreeing to take 1.25 furlough days this year and 1.5 next year
- No pay increases in the next two years
- 20 percent reduction in pay for extra duties
- District paying 100 percent of teachers' premiums for dental and vision coverage
- District offering less expensive health care options
- PCEA representatives will be included in annual insurance bid process
The board voted 4-0 to approve the pact, the Observer reported, after the union approved the terms on March 4. Board secretary Adrienne Davis and trustee Mark Horvath were absent and trustee Mike Maloney abstained, citing a conflict of interest.