There are many excellent reasons to choose wood kitchen cabinets in your new home or a kitchen remodel. There can be no question that wood cabinetry is one of the most beautiful options for any kitchen design or kitchen remodel. As we work with clients who are replacing cabinetry, we hear many questions and concerns. Here are five reasons homeowners give us for choosing wood cabinets for their kitchen.
1. Wood cabinetry goes with every kitchen décor style and with every appliance finish. Whether your kitchen is colonial, country, Shaker, traditional, eclectic or contemporary, there is a wood finish and a wood color that is the perfect complement to your style, your color choices, and the exterior material of your appliances.
2. Wood cabinets will bring warmth to any kitchen. This is an important consideration for homeowners today, when the kitchen is – once again – the center of the family’s life. Kitchens can feel sterile, due to the amount of metal, glass, and enamel finished items included. Nothing brings warmth to the room like the rich hues of natural wood finishes. Wood cabinetry also introduces depth and texture, making the kitchen warmer.
3. Wood cabinetry can last a lifetime. Wood cabinets are easy to maintain, and they are durable. Unlike laminates, the finish on wood cabinets will not bubble from heat and moisture. Modern finishes are strong enough to resist most damage from drips and spills.
4. Wood cabinetry, if damaged, is easy to refinish. A small kitchen fire, a bad spill, or other accidents might damage cabinetry. Unlike many other materials, it is possible to strip wood cabinets of remaining finish, sand to smoothness, and refinish back to its original beauty. Many of these repairs can be made with no appreciable impact on the value of the cabinetry.
5. Wood cabinetry is widely perceived as a high-value material. Installing wood cabinetry in your home or in a kitchen remodel is perceived as an investment in the home. Guests will notice your choice. More important, appraisers and future buyers will value your home higher because of this and other investments in the home.
The most common reasons we hear from homeowners about why they choose wood cabinets for new kitchens and remodels clearly point to durability, appearance, value, and versatility. These and other considerations have consistently made wood cabinetry the top choice of homeowners.
If you are thinking about new wood cabinetry for your kitchen, and you would like to have quality cabinets at the best price, call us.