—Submitted by Tina Lloyd
What’s New at the Market – June 10
- The Market is open at Preservation Park, 500 N. Ridge Road, rain or shine at a new time, from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.!
- Tola Lewis will be playing on the Bartlett-Travis porch from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Chef Lee Ulrich will be cooking at the Market this Sunday. Learn how to choose, use and preserve herbs!
- Food, FUN & Farming Activities for Kids from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. on the front lawn- kids can play bingo, plant seeds, play memory games and more.
- The Double Up Food Bucks program for Bridge Card users begins with a special bonus gift, a vegetable peeler, while supplies last.
- Tour the Bartlett-Travis House! Stop by the back porch and inquire about a tour of this Preservation Park gem.
Next Market: June 17 - Ryan Brake plays on the Bartlett-Travis porch from 10 a.m.–1 p.m.
- Cookies by Caitlin – chocolate & chocolate chip cookies & breakfast cookies
- intu Tea returns this Sunday with blended teas!
Buy local… Shop the Farmers Market! Check out what you can expect at the Market this week:
- Produce & plants: strawberries, baby carrots, garlic scapes, snap peas, spring salad mix, spinach, kohlrabi, arugula, kale, green onions, beets, radishes, Swiss chard, leeks, turnips, escarole, lettuces, napa cabbage, broccoli, herbs, vegetable plants, hanging baskets, annuals, fresh cut flowers and more
- Food: farm eggs, blended teas, fresh roasted coffee beans, Great Lakes fish, antibiotic & hormone free, grass fed meats, smoked fish, popcorn kernels, artisan cheese & cheese spreads, granola, artisan bread, seasoning packets, soup starter packets, flavored butters, kettle corn, gluten free baking mixes, hand cut summer sausage, jam, a variety of hand cut jerky, coffee, smoothies, pierogi, pasties, baked goods, sauces, salsa, mustards, fudge & more
- Art & Crafts: soy candles, jewelry, hand crafted soaps, garden accessories, garden furniture, stained glass windows, crochet items & more Lunch vendors available: Day Dream Café: chicken salad & deli sandwiches