Here at the Bittinger Team, we are very excited to bring you an update of the real estate market for Plymouth for the month of August.
Plymouth, MI has definitely been a star on the Wayne County real estate market lately. For several consecutive months, Plymouth has seen an increase in average price per square foot and median sales price – even as the total number of home sales fell slightly!
Home Sales in Plymouth, MI
Here’s a summary of the most recent market data for Plymouth, MI:
- Currently there are 241 homes for sale on the market, including 124 in some stage of the foreclosure process.
- Between April and June, the average price per square foot for Plymouth homes was $113, up 7.6 percent when compared to the same period in 2011.
- Meanwhile, the median sales price for homes was $169,825, up 6.8 percent from that same period in 2011.
- During that period in 2011, the median sales price for Plymouth homes was $158,000.
- During the week ending on July 18, the median sales price for a 2-bedroom Plymouth home was $171,490.
- The median sales price for a 3-bedroom home was $216,500. Here’s how nearby communities compared when it came to median sales price recently: Northville: $269,550; Salem: $139,000; Novi: $155,340; Livonia: $108,206; South Lyon: $326,000 Also between 2011 and 2012, the total number of home sales decreased by 1.4 percent, to 136 home sales.
- During the week ending on July 18, the average listing price for Plymouth homes was $307,101, down 1.6 percent when compared to the week before.
- During that previous week, the average listing price was $312,000. See how other Michigan communities stacked up in terms of average listing price: Northville: $490,005; Salem: $349,900; Novi: $357,110; Livonia: $136,176; South Lyon: $291,582
Plymouth, MI Properties for Sale
As you can see, there are plenty of reasons for Plymouth home sellers to be optimistic at this time!
If you’re one of those home sellers and you’re looking for expert home-selling guidance from a real estate professional, please contact the Bittinger Team today!
Here at the Bittinger Team, we have years of expertise as agents for Plymouth home sellers and we would be delighted to discuss your options with you and answer your questions.
Please call us at 734.459.2600 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org any time!
For local news, event information, and real estate updates, follow us on Facebook at Living In Plymouth/Canton/Northville Communities! And, to learn about homes before they hit the real estate market, follow us at Michigan Homes Coming Soon!