Patch is here to make your life ridiculously easy, so as you sit down today and plan your weekend, here are five events you should know about in the Plymouth-Canton area.
- When: Saturday, 8 a.m.
- Where: First Responders Memorial, Hines Dr. and Haggerty Rd., Plymouth Township
- What: Wayne County is hosting its inaugural Heroes on Hines Half Marathon and 5K Run on Saturday morning. The County’s Department of Public Services Parks Division, in partnership with Running Fit, is producing the event. Proceeds from the annual race will go to support and maintain the First Responders Memorial in Hines Park.
- When: Sunday, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Where: Downtown Plymouth, The Gathering and Kellogg Park
- What: Sample chili from local restaurants and cooks from all over the country on Sunday. The event also features a motorcycle show, live bands, kids activities, food and vendor booths. All money raised from this event goes to local charities - Habitat for Humanity and Penrickton Center for Blind Children.
- When: Sunday, 2 p.m.
- Where: The Village Theater at Cherry Hill, 50400 Cherry Hill Rd., Canton
- What: Opening its 68th season, "The Golden Flute" will dazzle and delight fans of both standard symphonic fare and adventurous new music. In its signature style, the orchestra will showcase a new concerto, The Golden Flute written by award-winning Chinese American composer Chen Yi. The bookends of traditional music will be the opera overture by Gioachino Rossini, La Gazza Ladra (The Thieving Magpie) and Johannes Brahms' ever-popular Symphony No. 1.