Canton Township Summit on the Park
Summit on the Park boasts plenty to do and plenty of space: A 13,340-square-foot aquatic center, 7,600-square-foot gymnasium, 6,000-square-foot fitness center and a 2,200 square-foot aerobics studio.
Fitness amenities include a steam room and sauna, showers and lockers with personalized combinations.
A racquetball court is available, as is a "kids corner."
An upstairs track features walking, running and passing lanes -- and just outside the building is a walking-running-biking path adaptable to any type of athlete.
The facility, located next to Heritage Park, includes a banquet center which can handle parties up to 350, as well as meeting and class rooms for groups as small as 25.
Canton Township's senior center is also in the Summit with computers and reading resources, games and a big-screen television.
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 5:30am - 10pm; Sat, 6am - 9pm; Sun, 7am - 8pm
- Handicap Accessible: Curb cuts, ADA-compliant restrooms, elevator
- Parking: Free lot
- Public restrooms: Yes
- Wi-Fi: None
- Services (party and event services): Audio/Video, Beverages and Bartending, Cakes, Catering, Decor/Themes, Event Planners, Kid Parties, Party Rentals, Venues
- Features: Banquet room, Basketball courts, Computer room, Fitness center, Pool, Theater
- Private events: Yes
- Facilities: Baseball/softball fields, Basketball courts, Football/soccer/lacrosse fields, Gym, Gymnastic facilities, Running track, Swimming pool, Volleyball courts
- Facility types: Indoor
- Features: Jacuzzi/hot tub, Lockers, Sauna/steam room, Showers, Vending machines
- Restrictions: No alcohol, No outside food, No pets, No smoking
- Features: Cardio (bicycle), Cardio (elliptical), Cardio (stair master), Cardio (tread mill), Food/drink, Jacuzzi, Sauna, Steam room, Strength (free weights), Strength (machines), Swimming pool
- Services: Classes, Fitness assessment, Personal training
- Classes/programs: Swimming
- Number of lanes in the pool: 5
- Pool length: 25 yards
- Diving: No
- Services: Cardio training, Endurance, Fitness assessment, Flexibility, Rehabilitation, Strength training, Weight loss
- Regular classes: A complete schedule is online, but includes yoga, cycling, water aerobics, weights, Pilates, Zumba and classes tailored for specific age groups and those with arthritis.
- What's the most important rule for this pool?: Showers are required; no diving allowed.